I send an email to the Oireachtas yesterday, containing several questions as follows:
- Can you supply me with a statement re operation of Oireachtas debates
website, and recent changes to the site which have apparently rendered
it unusable by the KildareStreet.com website?
- Why were these changes implemented?
- Will information be published to allow resumption of KildareStreet.com
- In what way do the changes to the Debates website comply with government’s
- What was the cost of converting to a new format on the debates website?
- Was any consideration given to contacting KildareStreet.com and
informing of the changes, so that they might also adapt?
So far, this is the only reply I have received:
As you would probably have seen from Twitter conversations, the Oireachtas has invited Kildarestreet to meet to discuss the issues involved.
In reply, I pointed out (again) that I was asking as a journalist, that I doubted they would allow me to sit in on any meeting, that I would appreciate an answer to questions I had asked.
So far, silence.
I’ll keep you posted.